Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The lights on the water

This is a "mom" post, not from Daniel, although to him.

One of my autopilot items now is to visit Stryker News in the morning. I hope there is nothing newsworthy, but some mornings, like today, I am disappointed.

What I check for are the names of those who have given their everything so that I don't have to worry about IED's in my front yard. It is the names of those who should not be forgotten. I add them to the blog, and pray for their families.

One of the things we do as parents whose children (yes, they will always be our children) are serving, is hope that we never have to answer the door to find two people in uniform on the step. Each one of those names has a door knock associated with it and a flood of grief .

Last night, driving over the 520 bridge, I was thinking about how beautiful Seattle is, how much Daniel loves it and how I long to make that drive with him and have the comfort of him safely returned. You've been in my thoughts a lot lately Daniel. Be safe and come home soon.

I love you,
Mom

No comments: