Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Angels in the Outfield

From an IM today: I'm alright, kinda jittery....we were in a good sized fire fight today, and I was about 2 feet from a sniper's shot at me and the LT

It's hard to picture your son with a bullet 2 feet away, but I still take solace in the fact he's got some hard working angels sent by the awesome men and women who keep him blanketed in prayer. Many thanks to the group at Shoreline Covenant who meet Wednesday morning's, Rose C's group, Bobbi B's group and many others both individually and collectively who lift Daniel and the rest of the troops up.

As to his angels, I picture them giggling as they pull on their baseball socks and do batting practice with the incoming bullets. If you have trouble with the image, read Frank Peretti's This Present Darkness. :)

No comments: