Monday, October 22, 2007

Chicken Little


Daniel says:
well, I just survived another mortar attack
Diane says:
For which I am grateful, as I'm sure you are. Were you out or was this close to home?
Daniel says:
I was outside, coming back from getting my laundry, the base defense sounds off with an "incoming, incoming" and I hear and see the mortar round whiz over my head, and hit about 100 meters in front of me
Diane says:
Wow, laundry and a chance to be blown up. That's awesome multitasking.
Diane says:
Seriously, I'm glad you're OK.
Diane says:
Obviously
Daniel says:
no kidding
Diane says:
Did it mean more laundry?
Brown Trouser Alert!!!
Daniel says:
these ones are already stained, hence the picking up laundry, I still need to take a shower and change into some NOT nasty cloths
Diane says:
LOL!
Daniel says:
oh yeah and we found another 20 lbs of HME IED, and a few mortar rounds on a patrol
Diane says:
Wow, they've been busy little blow up beavers.
Diane says:
Is any of this in response to the Sadr City raid?
Daniel says:
yup
Diane says:
Hammurabi's Code strikes again
So did the bomb guys blow up the IED?
Daniel says:
yeah, they blew the mortar rounds and the HME in place. we were standing about 20 feet from it when they blew it, it was kind of annoyingly loud
Diane says:
LOL. Annoyingly loud. It sounds like the neighbors are having an all night party and you're being forced to listen to Motley Crue when you've had a tough day pushing paper.
Daniel says:
its just another day at work

No comments: