- Tortilla chips with salsa. Yes, they'll arrive broken, but make for good snacking. Bags of pre-popped popcorn would also fill that bill nicely.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal.
- Cookies. Although I wouldn't usually advocate it, store packaged would probably be best as they do put preservatives in them.
- Craisins (dried cranberries).
- Trail mix
- Crackers and cheese spread
- Top Ramen/Cup 'o Noodles/Yakisoba bowls (just add hot water type of oriental noodles)
- Salted Nut Roll candy bars
- Beef Jerky/"Slim Jim" type meat sticks
What not to send? Anything that will melt in heat. Anything with alcohol in it. Surprisingly, Daniel said they don't need liquids - the military provides them with all the water and Gatorade they can hold.
Other than that, handwritten notes, pictures from Seattle and words of encouragement are appreciated.