Saturday, July 12, 2008

Hot and Tired

I can tell when Daniel is calling on a refit day, before he goes out or after he's been on a mission. Yesterday he called after a mission. He was exhausted and you could hear it in his voice.

He said the Internet had been out and they have been busy. He was also incredibly jealous that his friend Alan with the 101st Airborne is on his way back to N. Carolina. They had a shorter tour, ostensibly easier duty and now not only is he leaving Iraq, he's going stateside. Daniel has Germany to look forward to after deployment. I'm still not sure what he's griping about. I loved Germany, but then again I didn't experience it with the military.

They have been told mid-August to let everyone know to stop sending packages because they don't want to have to re-route them. I will post that date as soon as I have it.

No comments: