Monday, August 11, 2008

Two links and some narrative

Why the avocado? I don't know. It's just a cheerful, summery picture.

I post this thinking, "A ha! I finally found something I can definitely attribute to Daniel." I'm probably wrong, but it's good news anyway so I'll post for your edification.
Here also is a picture with who I think is Daniel (with the antenna), reflected in another soldier's glasses.

Daniel called this morning, hungry and tired. OK so normal and I was glad to hear from him. He said there were a couple of issues that may prevent him from being in much contact for a while. It was nice to hear his voice.

He is planning out some really exciting things for the time he is simply a civilian again. He and a couple of buddies are going to Japan so Daniel can show it off. He is trying to dust off some of his Japanese skills and heft a couple of Kanji just to prove he can.

No comments: